Asphalt Roofing Shingles
Asphalt Shingles were designed to be used on steep roofs, as they rely on the slope of a roof to effectively shed and remove water. If your home has a roof with a steep slope, it may be of great benefit to you and your family to replace your roof with one made of asphalt shingles. Here are ten reasons why:
1. The versatility of asphalt shingles is incredible. They can be adapted to different angles, shapes, and forms and can easily solve problems that other types of shingles can't.
2. The variety of design that asphalt shingles offer allows for them to produced in such a way that simulate rich architectural styles. What's even better is that they can simulate high-end roofing styles, while being an affordable alternative.
3. Asphalt roofing shingles are made in a wide variety of colors that will compliment your home and increase your curb appeal!
4. The number one purpose of any roof is safety. Asphalt shingles are typically available with a Class 4 impact resistance rating (it's the highest rating a roof can get). When you hire any new roofing contractor (including Roofing Corpus Christi) to replace your roof, always be sure to ask about the impact rating of the types of shingles that are being used!
5. No matter where you live in Corpus Christi, it gets incredibly windy. Most asphalt roofing shingles are engineered and manufactured to beat the most difficult wind resistance tests in the industry. Most meet the requirements for Class H and Class F wind ratings (110-130 mph). Again, please as any roofing contractor you use about the wind resistance of the types of shingles being used.
6. Most asphalt roofing shingles with a fiberglass mat achieve the highest (Class A) fire ratings. They offer the best protection against the penetration and spread of fire. Please ask about this when deciding on the type of shingles you are going to use for your new roof.
7. The composition of asphalt roofing shingles when a part of a complete roofing system offer sound cancellation from outside noise. These shingles can greatly reduce and dampen noise that would otherwise be of great bother to you and your family.
8. Asphalt shingles are very easy to install. With the combination of the ease of installment and the great ability and training of the Roofing Corpus Christi team members, your roof could be done in a short amount of time and at the highest quality. As with any project, quality installation will be the biggest reason why you get a good result. Choosing a roofing contractor that is well trained that has a well-trained staff will ensure that your roof is finished efficiently, on time, and that it produced great results.
9. All manufacturers have processes that allow them to be cost effective. Roofing Corpus Christi passes the savings from the shingle manufacturer onto you and your family because we know how financially daunting a roof replacement or installation can be.
10. For a roof that is practically weather resistant, asphalt shingles provide a great product at a great price. The low production costs and ease of installation make it so that you steep-slope roof can be protected for the long term. Simply put, asphalt shingles are more protective, higher quality, and a better price than most shingles.
Thinking about replacing your roof? Call us today for an inspection and free no obligation estimate!