Don't get caught with unexpected and expensive costs and repairs. Keep a close eye on your roof and learn how to spot problems before they severely impact your home and wallet with these signs:
1. High Energy Bills
- In the extremes of hot or cold weather, moisture in the attic can often becomes trapped and condensate on the rafters. The condensed moisture will have a negative impact on the effectiveness of your insulation. Therefore, your A/C unit will have to work much harder to keep it comfortable in your home, and your energy bill will decrease.
2. Missing Shingles
- If your shingles are dry or break when touched, they are in absolute need of replacing. If you see this, please don't hesitate to contact Roofing Corpus Christi, as it is time to invest in a new roof.
3. Water Damage
- If you've just had a big storm or wind driven rain, make sure your attic doesn't show signs of leaking. Over time, water damage can cause water to enter the home if shingles aren't attached correctly or if they have outlived their usefulness. As always, feel free to contact us for a roof inspection.
4. Peeling Paint
- If paint is starting to peel off of the walls in your home, the cause may very well be trapped moisture due to high temperature or humidity from poor attic ventilation. Again, this could be caused by water damage, missing shingles, or a number of other things.
5. Mold on Ceiling
- If you're seeing mold in your home, it could be caused by faulty shingle underlayment on the roof that is allowing water into the house. Again, if you see this do not hesitate to contact Roofing Corpus Christi.
6. Dark Spot on Roof
- Dark spots on the roof could mean vegetation, algea growth, fungus, or mold. Because of this, the protective granules on the shingles may be lost and need to be replaced.